Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for Students
- Value others and the school environment
- Play in appropriate areas - avoid playing in the car parks, gardens, caretaker sheds, toilets and cloakrooms.
- Kick balls on field and grass areas.
- Do not bring these items to school - matches, solvents, chemicals, cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, chewing gum, sweets, pocket knives, jewellery (other than studs, watches and approved cultural jewellery).
- Walk bikes, scooters and skates/skateboards in the school grounds.
- Play safe, sensible games.
- Play fairly.
- In terms 1 and 4, wear a sunhat to and from school and outside during play and sport times.
- Avoid climbing trees, fences, goalposts and buildings.
- Accept responsibility for actions.
- Accept the consequences that may arise from actions.
Code of Conduct for Parents and Caregivers
Show respect for others and the school environment.
- Avoid interrupting class programmes - make appointments for in-depth discussions.
- Avoid discussing negatively students/staff/other parents.
- Model the code of conduct for students i.e. bringing items to school, walking bikes etc in the playground, accepting and supporting the consequences of students' inappropriate behaviour.
- Park in approved areas only.