Inquiry Learning is a teaching and learning approach used to deliver the curriculum,
by integrating units of work around big ideas or broad bands of knowledge.
- Science is taught through the concepts of the nature of science, communication sustainability and change and where appropriate will be integrated with the other learning areas to provide authentic contexts.
- Science experiences are provided on a regular basis.
- Social Science will be taught through the concepts of community/communication, continuity and change and sustainability and where appropriate will be integrated with the other learning areas to provide greater authentic contexts.
- Technology is taught through the concepts of innovation/creativity, enterprise/communication and change and where appropriate will be integrated with the other learning areas to provide authentic contexts.
- Year 7/8 students attend specialist technology off-site.
We strive to provide our ākonga with a wide and varied range of opportunities in the Arts.
- Our learners explore the visual arts and drama, woven into the learning it focuses on the interests of each class/team.
- Every third year the whole school participates in a school production - using drama, music, dance and speaking.
- Te reo Māori is explicitly taught and integrated to provide opportunities to use Te Reo Māori and explore Tikanga and To Ao (values and cultural practices). Te Reo will be spoken on a daily basis.
- Other languages and cultures are valued across the school and explicitly taught in Year 7/8.